Risk Assessments (Fostering/Adoption)
Risk Assessments for Social Services/Adoption Teams and Fostering Agencies
- Do you want to adopt a child, but you have a dog that has never been around children?
- Do you need to provide an risk assessment to support your foster or adoption application?
- Do you work for social services and have a client whose dog(s) require an assessment?
As the leading dog behaviour experts in the local area, Oakwood have been used by a number of foster/adoption agencies and local authorities to assess dogs and the homes of potential adoptive parents or foster carers.
The assessment process involves:
- A visit to the home lasting approximately 1hr (longer if there are more than 1 dogs)
- A full report sent to the agency authorising the assessment, which includes:
- Practical considerations regarding home environment and recommendations
- Temperament and behaviour of the dog in relation to the family and strangers, including handling, collar holding and behaviour around food/treats/toys).
- A professional opinion on the risks these animals present to children and how these risks could be mitigated
- General advice regarding the safe introduction of children and animals
The cost for this service is £150 per dog including expenses within the HU postcodes.
To discuss this process please call 01482 823555, option 1 and speak with Gill, our Head Behaviour Counsellor.