Junior Dog Trainer
Do you have a degree in Animal or Canine Behaviour or Training?
Are you passionate about dogs?
Do you want to join a successful team and improve your own knowledge and develop your skills in a forward thinking company and a “hands on” environment?
Do you want a career and not just a job?
Here at Oakwood we are looking for a Junior Trainer to work alongside our existing team of experienced staff at our centre on Sutton Fields and at our sister company in West Hull. Working in both group and 121 situations, with all breeds, and with both behaviour and obedience challenges, you will help clients build a long and successful relationship with their pets whilst inspiring confidence in both dog and owner. You will also be customer facing on our Training Reception.
The successful applicant should have:
- A Degree in either animal or canine behaviour/training
- Strong communication skills enabling you to liaise effectively with your clients and colleagues on all levels (face to face, over the phone and via email or text)
- The ability to build a rapport and establish strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Patience with dogs and their owners
- The ability to use own initiative
- High standard of computer competency and literacy
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Problem solving skills, to identify the causes of problems and deal with them appropriately where possible or highlight to the relevant manager
- The desire to self-develop through the shadowing of colleagues, the reading of material and on line information to further knowledge and attend any training that is offered
- A commitment to helping people
- A commitment and ability to deliver a high quality service putting the customer first
- A clean driving licence
- Compassion for animal welfare
- A friendly personality
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Possess a strong work ethic, to be conscientious, committed and reliable, competent, flexible and self-motivated, possess a “can do” attitude
- A creative and proactive approach to all areas of work
- Commitment to delivering a high quality service
- A strong work ethic
- Dependable, responsible, punctual and completely reliable
Please be aware that: the role is initially part time with a view to becoming full time. Anyone who applies but doesn’t have the required degree will not be considered for the post.